Saturday, October 8, 2011

High Fashion

So over the past two weeks I have been working on a High Fashion shoot for my class, except that instead of the traditional high fashion photograph our teacher wanted us to add a Dadaist twist. Dadaism was the movement where artists challenged and question 'Shat is art?' and subsequently, 'What is fashion, or beauty?' So basically, our assignment was to do a high fashion piece with a un-traditional, avant-garde, approach. It just so happens that the week before she assigned this project I had been experimenting with my camera in my pool (with my underwater camera housing) and thought that a 'drowning-model' photo shoot would be really cool to attempt some time. So instantly, I knew what I would be doing for this assignment, it was just a matter of figuring out the lighting (I wanted to shoot this at night). This assignment will be a series of three photographs, which I am currently editing. I'm about to post one which is done being edited, and the two others are hopefully soon to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment